Getting out of the house!
I'm not quite completely over being sick, but I will tell you I'd had enough of being stuck in the house! Antibiotics in tow and the Family and I were on our way to the Scottish highland games! While we enjoyed ourselves, I'm not sure if we'll go back again next year.
Here is how part of our day went:















First we watched a Highlands Pipe Band compete, it was pretty awesome.























Then we got a sausage roll and kettle corn, yuumy. Then we ventured over to watch big husky hurly men throw logs. Here this guy is balancing the log and will then crawl down with his hands to pick up the bottom and then finally throw it. See next image.


















How many photographers can you spot in this picture? how many of them are photographing his butt? Yep, one.



Then, because I just couldn't get a good couple shot of my husband and I with the Florida sun blazin! I took one of our shoes... mmmm love... who doesn't love a roo and a NB love story?











And this is my daughter with too much energy. Does the expression say it all or what?

















Well if it didn't, this one did!

After we played a little in the play ground, which has amazing slides by the way, we bought not one but TWO bow and arrow sets for her and stepdad to play with in the back yard. The weather was hot and sticky, we walked for ages to burn off that sausage roll and kettle corn and then ended the evening with some great food, a slip on a wet floor and a family friendly movie. I'd say this was one of the best family outings of 2008 we've had. PS, she's OUT like a LIGHT!

Have a great family day with your family as well :)

Comments are closed.