I felt compelled today to think about why I do what I do.

I love it, yes. Is that why I do what I do?
I am good at it, yes. Is that why I do what I do?
My style is unique, yes. Is that why I do what I do?

I am a photographer for those reasons and more.
I am excited about it. I am an artist. I want to create create create all the time. But...
I am also a storyteller and a visual biographer who documents life as it happens.
I am passionate about it. I don't hesitate when people ask me what I do. "I'm a photographer."

I also do it because I wanted to provide something more than the chain portrait studio experience. I wanted kids to be kids, moms and dads to document their happiness and love, babies to be babies, brides and grooms to feel butterflies one more time, high school seniors to have portraits that they can cherish 20 years from now. To provide something that was more.

Because I'm an old soul and a new soul. Because I make music with my photographs. Because it is where I belong.

All these reasons and more are why I photograph.
And why I love it.

Comments are closed.